Monday, August 25, 2014

The Unfortunate Demise of Ian Henry

After I published my first novel, Alexandria, I went back to work on a number of horror stories I’d been writing.  Most of the advice out there says that if you switch genres, you should also switch names in order to avoid confusion.  I didn’t want readers picking up Blood Seance and expecting it to be a young adult sci-fi/fantasy novel (and vice-versa), so I published it under the pen name “Ian Henry.”  Since then, I’ve seen plenty of authors who have succeeded with multiple genres in their backlists, plus I was sort of feeling like I had multiple-personality disorder trying to maintain social media presences for two different author names.

So… I decided to kill off Ian Henry.  No offense, he was a great guy, but the time had come. 

From now on, I’ll be publishing everything as John Kaden.  I will make sure to clearly state the genre and content warnings in each book’s description, so you know what you’ll be getting. 

Right now, I’m working on more horror stories, but I’ve also got a dark fantasy project on the burner - plus, down the road, I intend to revisit the world of Alexandria and continue Jack and Lia’s story.  

Anyway, that’s the rundown.  Happy reading, and feel free to drop me a line anytime at johnkadenbooks@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment